Friday, May 24, 2013

Scaly Horde Finished

This past week I finished the last two models for my starter Scaly Horde warband for DeepWars.  Both were quite fun to paint - the Abyssal Gark and the Steel-Jaw Placoderm fish.

Starting with the Gark, I chose a colour scheme that was somewhat inspired by a crown of thorns starfish - a bluish body with red spines.  I figured his belly needed to contrast, hence the cream colour.  I tried to make a spotted transition between the colours, and it kinda worked but not as good as I had imagined in my mind.  It was good practice though!



All in all I am happy with the result.  The armour on the right arm and the crystal trident are my favourite parts.  It was also fun to try a different paint scheme from the official pictures.


Next up was the Steel Jaw Placoderm Fish.  This beast of a model painted up quite easily.  The details are quite pronounced which made drybrushing and highlighting quite simple.  I chose a few colours at random, and here was my result:



I don't think I would want to see that while snorkeling for treasure...

Here is a group shot of the finished Horde.  Next up, I will start to chip away at some Fortune Hunters to oppose them.

Hope you like it!


2 comments:

  1. They look stunning.
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got 'em myself, looking for inspiration. Great work.

    ReplyDelete